Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paper on Truth

I finished my paper on truth this afternoon (thanks to Spring Break). I plan to let it sit awhile before rereading it to see what I'm missing or messing up. At the moment it doesn't contain any notes or references, I suppose it will take me another day of work to insert them, but I did want to keep it rather informal so that it could be read by a wider audience than just professional philosophers.

I'd like to share it with any interested Quaker philosophers. I'll email it to you if you want it.

4 comments:

Craig Dove said...

I'd be interested in seeing it, Richard.

RichardM said...

If you send me an email, I can attach the paper to the reply. I think you can click the box to send a comment to me via email.

forrest said...

Me too. My email has changed to treegestalt and moved to gmail.com

Been reading a lot of George Lakoff, very cogent stuff about the actual thinking process behind working out any particular truth. I think he 'cheats' when he draws conclusions on what truth 'is' from all that; ie on some level he's both denying that there's a truth beyond our efforts to model the actual situation, while depending on there being an actual situation to be modeled (the very processes he studies being an example!) What think?

Unknown said...

I'm interested in reading more. bgb.agapelove@gmail.com.